Important Notice: Since September 2017, due to Hurricane Maria, tours in El Yunque Rainforest have been limited to select companies, and Puerto Rico Tour Desk is one of the few that are allowed to visit. The tour will be restricted to certain areas as recovery work continues.
However, the beating from Hurricane Maria should not stop you from visiting the rainforest as this is your opportunity to experience the amazing rainforest environment after a natural disaster. You will have the opportunity to see the center and west part of El Yunque in just half a day. This tour also includes typical Puerto Rican food and the distinguishing Puerto Rican musical culture.
Our first stop will be in one of the most picturesque waterfalls in the rainforest (La Coca). After we will visit a natural pool area where you’ll have the chance to swim and feel rejuvenated in the clear and crystal waters. Later we will visit a north coast where we will have a beautiful view of the beach and where the river connects with the ocean. We will also visit the Maria de la Cruz cave where you’ll learn about our native history of the Tainos and get to know our African heritage through our typical Puerto Rican dance (La Bomba).
After a 45 minute drive from metro San Juan, we arrive at El Yunque National Rainforest, where our Rainforest Tour guide will stop at El Portal Visitor Center. Guests will enjoy a short movie and time for shopping at the souvenir store. Then we will take you to La Cola Waterfall, stop at Yokahu Tower and depend on the schedule, we will take you to Caimitillo Trail (about 1 1/2 hour walk). Along the way, our guide will be pointing out and explaining the endemic species of this unique, rare tropical rainforest.
- Excursions available Thursdays and Saturdays ONLY
- Pick up at 10:00 am return at 3:30 pm approximately (May vary depending on the number of participants)
- Our guide can change the order and logistics of the tour to avoid big groups or weather conditions
- We will stop for authentic Puertorrican lunch but it’s not included
5 1/2 hours approximately
Days and Hours of Operation
Thursdays and Saturdays
What to wear
- Comfortable clothing such as in a t-shirt and shorts (NO Jeans)
- Closed shoes (No sandals or crocs)
- Extra clothing
- 2 Towels per person
- Dress comfortably, such as in a t-shirt and shorts (NO Jeans)
- Daypack with water and snacks so your hands are always free
- Swimsuits already on and towels
- Rain jacket or poncho
- Sunblock and Sunglasses
- Due to the nature of this excursion, I tour Puerto Rico requires participants to be in good health and physical condition. Participants may travel on uneven and slippery terrain and wade in moving water. Parts of the hikes may have some incline and require balance.
- If you have a medical or physical condition, which makes participating in these activities dangerous for you, you should NOT participate.
- Pregnant women are not advised to participate in our tours, due to the high level of risk involved.
- i tour Puerto Rico and tours guides reserve the right to cancel or limit your participation based on your physical condition. If this happens at the last minute due to an undisclosed medical or physical condition you will be responsible to pay the full amount of your trip.
- Round trip transportation
- Rainforest Entrance Fee
- We take photos of your experience and is included in the price
- We have limited walking sticks and backpacks as needed
- Ponchos for borrowing as needed
- We are going to provide pictures of the Adventure for Free! But is Highly Recommended that Participants bring their own camera (We are Not Responsible for Electronics), Minimizing the Risk is our main concern.
Price Per Person
$85.00 + tax
Tour duration and return times are approximate and may vary slightly due to weather, traffic conditions and circumstances beyond the tour operator’s control.
Cancellations must be made 48 hours before the scheduled tour date and local time via EMAIL ONLY. A sales representative will respond with validation of requested cancellation. Those who intend to cancel within the 48 hour time frame will be fully charged by the designated tour operator. There will be absolutely NO EXCEPTIONS under any circumstance to waive any fees.
After submittion of requested tour, you agree to our 48 hour cancellation policy and acknowledge any cancellations made within the given time frame are to be considered a FINAL SALE. There will be No Re-scheduling, and NO REFUNDS will be given.
Please note some tours depend on weather conditions to function and may be affected. Unfortunately, mother nature is out of our control, any changes required will be notified to you immediately. For safety concerns, if a tour operator cancels the scheduled tour, the option of re-scheduling will be given or a refund will be provided.