FINALLY, The BEST OLD SAN JUAN WALKING TOUR IS HERE! With more than 500 years of history, there’s no shortage of places to cover. This walking tour takes you through Old San Juan’s historical buildings and architectural monuments. It is one of the most popular options for all our visitors. The colorful buildings and charming streets of Old San Juan in a small group with the help of our certified tour guides.
During your day, knowledgeable tour guides will help you discover the area's key historic sites and gain new insight into Puerto Rican culture. It's an excellent opportunity to learn about the many stories of the people who helped define this unique neighborhood.
From there, locations like El Castillo San Cristóbal, the largest fort in Puerto Rico, which the Spanish built in 1785; el Teatro Tapia, one of the oldest and most important auditoriums on the Island; and El Castillo San Felipe del Morro, a fort/castle that dates to the 16th century when the Spanish wanted to defend the Island from invaders (and probably the most important landmark in the Old City). And that’s just the beginning.
Then there’s the governor’s residence, a house built for Ponce de Leon’s family, a towering cathedral, and more — all interconnected by cobblestone streets and colorful buildings. These tours will take up to two hours on average, so plan your day accordingly. Bring a hat, comfortable footwear, sunblock, and water to stay hydrated.
Your walking trip's length is flexible based on your needs and includes bottled water.
Don't forget to book your next date tour El Yunque National Rainforest Waterslides tour!
- This tour is ideal for first-time visitors to San Juan
- Discover Old San Juan alongside your tour guide
- Enjoy personalized attention within a small group
- This tour easily fits into a day of sightseeing
What to Expect
Enjoy a comprehensive walking tour of San Juan led by owners' verified tour guides. You will visit some of San Juan's most famous sights and learn stories and facts that will bring these locations alive. On this walking tour, you will experience the city's beauty while learning about its history. This comprehensive city tour will allow you to discover San Juan in a small group for personalized attention! You will visit the following sights on your tour:
- Christopher Columbus' square and admire Puerto Rico's Old Casino
- Fort San Cristobal exterior view
- La Princesa Walkway and surrounding areas
- Plaza de Armas
- City Wall
- A Front View of La Fortaleza
- Christ Chapel and La Rogativa
- San Juan Cathedral and Ponce de León Tomb
- San Juan Gate
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- An adult must accompany children
- A multi-lingual guide may operate it
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
Starbucks, 363 Calle de Tetuan #1, San Juan, 00901, Puerto Rico
Returns to the original departure point
2 hours walking